Insight Before the Pandemic
Written in 2019
In today’s world, people and companies must show their character. Character is defined as the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual; it also similarly works for companies and brands; organizations with a clear visible moral compass stand a real chance of lasting through the next decade.
In today’s business marketplace, people have more choices and brand options than ever before and want to buy from companies with a greater purpose than sales.
This new woken consumer society seeks to purchase, participate and be part of brands and organizations that are aware of society’s most significant problems and plan to do something about it.
Does that mean all companies or brands need to start and have a charity division that hands out free products and money? In our opinion, simply no. In many cases, companies may not be able to give people something tangible. Instead, organizations should seek to give away the intangible aspects of their business.
What are the intangible aspects of a business to give?
Five Ways to Show Company Character
1. Organizations can show what they believe by being part of movements (i.e., #metoo, clean water, promoting local businesses)
2. When a devastating problem happens worldwide, speaking up about the problem
3. Having their company leaders volunteer or get involved at the leadership level at life-changing organizations
4. Develop corporate social responsibility initiatives
5. Focus on the unpopular crises and bring light to them
It is our responsibility to all work towards positive change.